Saturday, December 13, 2014

Latest Podcasts And Camera Update

My latest Apogee Podcast is out over at 365DaysOfAstronomy.  I call this one "3D Mapping of Rings and Bubbles In Orion".
 
I also continue to do my daily "Jupiter Today" podcast, which you can watch here.  I've come up with a couple ideas for additional videos to begin going into more detail about the information I present in the podcast.  I still have no idea where this project is going, except that it's keeping the Jupiter system in the forefront of my mind.  The primary goal is to create a network of telescopes that will constantly monitor Jupiter.

It's been cloudy or otherwise overcast here for the past two weeks so I haven't been able to get out and work a little more with my new camera.  I'm looking forward to getting some research done with this thing, but of course the clouds need to cooperate.  I realized after I'd put the eyepiece barrel on the camera that I needed to take the lens out of the camera.  So with a little careful surgery, that's been done and before the clouds came I did confirm that I was able to get images through my scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment