Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jupiter Moon Photometry 20 Feb 2014 UTC

Just a very quick note and picture about last night's observing session.  The clouds parted (well, mostly) and I got a pretty good couple of hours in.  I grabbed a total of 1357 raw images.  Some of those were flats, soe of those were darks, some of those were biases, some of those were binary stars.  But 1100 of them were Jupiter system images.  Because of the lack of tracking, I'd estimate that about 1/2 to 2/3 were images with the satellites in the FOV.

So the next task is the put the flats, darks, and biases together and start some data calibration.  Lotsa work!

Tonight looks like it's gonna be clear again, so I'll be back at it again for a couple of hours.

I was really pleased with the flat field technique I used.  I'll talk more about that in another post.  As for now, here's a picture from the end of the session.

The Jupiter system from last evening

1 comment: